OpenOffice plugin stopped working for no apparent reason

I installed the latest plugin today, it worked fine all day (I'm working on a term paper), then suddenly an error message:

An error occurred communicating...
java.lang.NullPointerException...
... and a long list of errors

The strange thing is, when I open a new document, the plugin works fine.
I haven't done anything other than writing and saving the document, so I can't make out a reason why the plugin should stop working.

I'm on Windows Vista 32b, OpenOffice 3.1, Firefox 3 (all in German)
  • Can you take a screenshot of the entire error message and email it to support@zot...org, preferably along with your document?
  • Do you know anything about how this document stopped working? Somehow, the Zotero plug-in seems to have triggered a bug in OpenOffice that corrupted a couple of ReferenceMarks in the document, but we're not exactly sure how. If you've got any additional information about how this issue came up, we'd love to have it.

Even without more info, I may be able to fix the bug (although without being able to trigger it I don't know if the fix will work). Any others who might come across this thread should know that copying and pasting the text into a new document should fix the issue.
  • got the same problem, and don't know the reason.

But copy all the content to a new file, it is working again, thank you Simon.