Error #763874056 - Ubuntu Karmic Koala

Hi there,

I'm running Firefox 3.5.8 on Ubuntu Karmic Koala (canonical version). Since the latest update to Zotero, every time I start Firefox I get an error saying "Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice is closed, and then restart Firefox.", although OpenOffice is closed.

Any suggestions
  • I am experiencing the exact same problem in Karmic Koala with Firefox 3.6 now.
  • Turned Zotero-plugin (2.0.2) off and on, let me install Zotero OpenOffice Integration. But using Zotero in OpenOffice 3.1 gives me this:

Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate Firefox extension is installed, then try again.

My system is 64-bits, but I've never had any problems with Zotero2 and integration before this day.
  • Fixed this by re-enabling Sun Java in my broswer. *Bow to crowd*
  • Still no joy on this one. I tried what Jafro had done; still can't get it to install.

I went to Open Office and ensured that Zotero was removed in the extension manager, but it still comes up with the same error. Zotero error report # 658077270 submitted. I'm running a 32 bit version of Ubuntu.

Anyone any suggestions?!

Dunc
  • OK. Finally seem to have got it to work! Simply went to "Preferences" on the Add-ons menu for Zotero OpenOffice Integration, and told it to detect the OpenOffice paths, and then reinstall the OpenOffice Components. It seemed to change the paths (now points to file:///opt/openoffice.org3/basis-link/ure-link/share/java/ as the JAVA Uno runtime directory and file:///opt/openoffice.org3/program/ as the soffice executable directory).

Hope this helps someone else!

Dunc