How to display citations as endnotes rather than footnotes?

I am new to Zotero 2.0 which I use from a MacBook. I succesfully set up Zotero 2.0 with the 3.0a8 word OS X word 2008 plug in. I then imported the styles for various Biological journals from the Zotero styles repository (http://www.zotero.org/styles).

As expected, Chicago styles allow me to choose either endnotes and footnotes in the display citation field, and to display inserted citations accordingly. All other styles however only give me the "footnotes" option (display citation field inactive). This is not an expected property of the styles, as the journals I am working with insist that citations are at the end of manuscripts. Furthermore, the inserted citations DO NOT appear at all, not even as footnotes!

Has someone encountered a similar issue and could they help me sort it? I may be doing something wrong, but would just love to know what to do to be as happy with Zotero 2.0 as I was with 1.0.

Thanks
  • most Biology styles actually don't use endnotes - they are so called numbered styles, where the number in the text corresponds to an item in the bibliography at the end (a key difference is that if an item is referred two twice, in a numbered style it will have the same number both times).
    So for the citation Zotero just inserts the number. You get the Bibliography (what you call Endnotes - but once again, they really aren't) by clicking "Create Bibliography" while your cursor is at the appropriate place in the document.
  • It would be nice if I could do what you suggest, but when using Word 2008 for mac, zotero does not give access to "create bibliography". Also, the style that I am interested in does not insert numbers in the text, but (author name, data).

Any other cue how I could properly format my bibliography?
  • Hurray! Adamsmith your comment was indeed very useful! As "create bibliography" was not available, I tried "add bibliography" which I had not previously connected with what I wanted to do. This inserted my references where I wanted them to be.

Thanks for your help.
  • I have the same problem. My OS is ubuntu linux 9.04 with firefox 3.5 and zotero 2.0

It there anyone who can solve this problem.
  • Adamsmith's
    "You get the Bibliography by clicking "Create Bibliography" while your cursor is at the appropriate place in the document"
    is really good!

Now I solve my problem. It's just a problem of usage customs.