Could Not Save Item -- LexisNexis Academic

I'm doing a newspaper search in LexisNexis Academic and I can't get my list of results to import into Zotero. I also tried importing a single result, but that didn't work either. I saw other posts with similar Lexis problems, but I didn't see any recent posts. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm using Zotero 2.0b7.4 with Firefox 3.5.3 on my Mac with Snow Leopard.

Thanks!
  • Thank you for the note. I can confirm that LexisNexis Academic is not working. There was a known issue with search results but it now looks like the issue is also effecting individual item pages. I added this information to the existing ticket. https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/1309
  • Thanks for the quick response. I eagerly await the fix!
  • Does anyone have an idea of when the Lexis translator might be fixed? I was hoping that it would happen with the 2.0 release, but no luck. At the very least, Lexis should be taken off the list of Zotero compatible sites list as it's misleading to keep it on that list when it clearly doesn't work and hasn't worked in a while.
  • I am also looking forward to a fix for this problem, which I am also having with Lexis-Nexis Academic. I'm trying to update my EndNote vs. Zotero comparison chart, and while I'd previously been able to state that EndNote does not work with Lexis-Nexis Academic, while Zotero does, I won't be able to do so now until this problem has been solved.
  • This absolutely needs to be fixed. LexisNexis is one of the most frequently-used databases. Any updates on the status of the fix? The tracker just says the ticket was upgraded but no information is provided.
  • Have uploaded a patch to zotero-dev that seems to address this LexisNexis Academic breakage. You can either wait for it to work its way through via update, or you can make the fix yourself. The patch (which is just a simple change to one character in the translator file) is available here.
  • Thank you fbennet. Unfortunately, when I changed the character in LexisNexis.js to reflect the missing "]", nothing changed: when I click the newspaper icon in the location bar Zotero still says "Could Not Save Item: An error occured while saving this item. Click here for known translator issues." I restarted FireFox and reset the translators in Zotero Preferences.

This seems like a well-known translator issue; why is it not displayed on the known issues page? Can anyone offer a fix?
  • If you reset translators, that will restore the standard translator and overwrite the change.

Make the change to the file, check that there is no backup file lurking in the directory (i.e. no LexisNexis.js~ file), and just refresh the page in the browser. Try to capture a reference, and if you still get an error, click on Tools -> Error Console -> Errors, click "Clear", then try to save again, and post the error message that turns up in the console.
  • Let me just finishing eating this delicious bowl of crow to tell you that you rock!

Thank you so much. Everything works great now. I love Zotero.
  • Great! Glad to hear it's working for you.