Word Toolbar won't show up: Word 2003 Zotero 2 Win 7 x64

I accidentally installed the plugin for Zotero version 1 first, not sure if that's the root. Since then, I've uninstalled all zotero. Made sure word was closed. Installed zotero 2, and then isntalled the 3.0ac plugin. The toolbar won't show up in Word. Per the installation instructions, I went into firefox plugins, selected the Word plugin, selection options, then click reinstall word components. This seems to do nothing.

any help is much appreciated as I would LOVE to use this feature
  • I'm having the same problem and have tried over and over again to get it to work. Very frustrating since it was working beautifully just a few days ago :(
  • I have the same issue with Open Office, everything was working nicely, and with the upgrade everything went wrong, the plugin is not working anymore...I have tried several times to re-install zotero and its plugin, and te plugin doesn't appear anymore on the toolbar... Any suggestion ???
  • Ok, this seems to have worked:
    "These six buttons allow you to manage references in your Microsoft Word documents. If you do not see them, try checking the “Templates and Add-ins” window. Select “Tools” from the dropdown menu at the top of your screen, pull down to “Templates and Add-ins,” and make sure that the box for Zotero.dot is checked. " (Fingers crossed)
  • Oh, forgot to follow up I guess, this works for me now. I really don't know why. I just tried reinstalling a few more times and at some point it started working. Sorry I didn't isolate conditions better.