Problems with Server Side of Account

Hello,

I've been having a lot of trouble syncing in the past day or so. I tried to reset my library on the server from one of my PCs and got the following error:

"This Zotero database was last synced with a different zotero.org account ('cclark170') from the current one ('cclark170'). If you continue, local Zotero data will be combined with data from the 'cclark170' account stored on the server.Local groups, including any with changed items, will also be removed.

To avoid combining or losing data, revert to the 'cclark170' account or use the Reset options in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences."

Note that the account names are the same.

When I try to view my library on the web site, all I see is the message:
"There was a problem fetching the items in this library. Please try again in a few minutes. "
  • I'm having this same problem. I believe Zotero is having server-side issues. I'm getting the same message when I try to access my library on the web, and going to the sync server (sync.zotero.org) states :

The service is not available. Please try again later.

I think we just have to wait it out.

On a related note, and if this is indeed a server-side syncing problem, it would be useful to have functionality to sync independently from zotero. I have my own WebDAV setup; I'd like to use it to sync my citations too.

thanks,

Justin
  • It's good to hear that I'm not alone. I thought that I might have broken my account somehow. I think this brings up an important need: A server status page. As far as I can tell, there is currently no way to know if there is a server side problem aside from looking for a pattern in forum posts.