Choosing in which Style Zotero adds a Website

hi, when adding a page to the zotero (2.0) it gets automatically saved in the "misc" Style.
Can I change that Type to Booklet?
Backgorund is I'm using the german alphadin.bst in my LaTeX Dokument and they recomment to use "Booklet" Type.

If I'm using the "misc" Style the URL is shown twice in the exported BibFile (URL and howpublished) and the time i added the page is only shown as month.
  • edited February 22, 2010
    By 'style' do you mean item type?
  • yes, item type. Sorry type was confusing as there are also 'styles' like IEEE, American Association...
    There is no 'misc' item type though (check the list). What are you trying to add? How are you adding it (manually or from the web)? If from the web, is it a web page or does Zotero provide a translator? See getting stuff into your library for background info.
  • I'm using the "Create New Item From Current Page” icon. When exporting the data to BibTeX it get's converted to @misc.

Only solution which worked so far for me was modify the exported BibTeX File this way:
    - change type "@misc" to "@booklet"
    - delete "howpublished" field
    - add "lastmodified" Field manually
    You are creating a "Web Page" item type in Zotero. The issue that you have is that when you export this to this from Zotero to Bibtex it uses the "misc" type. I'm not familiar with Bibtex, but a quick look online suggests that there is no Web Page type for BibTeX and that "misc" is the appropriate type when nothing else is suitable.

I'm not sure it would be appropriate for Zotero to export all Web Pages to "booklet" as most of the time this would be incorrect; according to Wikipedia, the booklet type is for "a work that is printed and bound, but without a named publisher or sponsoring institution".
  • ok so I guess I have to either manually change my BiTeX Entry or create a custom bst file (as stated above)