Vancouver with abstracts

Hi, I am a newcomer to Zotero, I used to work with RefWorks.. I miss a citation style, very useful to compose bibliographies: "Vancouver with abstracts". I have searched for it and I have searched for messages or discussions in the forum but I have not got anything, what am I supposed to do? could anybody help me or tell me how I can introduce the field abstract below the references in a Vancouver bibliography? Thanks in advance!
  • go here
    http://gist.github.com/308833
    download using the "Raw" link on the top right
    Install by dragging the downloaded file (vancouver-annotated.csl ) to an open FF window.
    FF will prompt you if you want to install - click OK. They style will show up as Vancouver Annotated.
  • Thank you adamsmith, but it doesn't run. I have followed the steps you kindly explain but the bibliography I got does not include the abstract...
  • it works for me. What exactly have you tried?
    Also, which Zotero version?
  • Thanks for your quick response! I have followed exactly the steps you wrote. I can see the "Vancouver annotated" in the list of styles for create a bibliography, but the one that I get is without abstract. I have intalled the 2.0 version of Zotero
  • It certainly works for me. How are you generating your bibliography?

Are you sure that the items you are using for your bibliography have text in the "Abstract" field on Zotero?
  • In fact, the abstract text appears as a NOTE in a different flange, not in "Abstract" field
  • Zotero obviously doesn't know what type of information you keep in your notes. If you want the bibliography to include information it needs to be in the appropriate field of the Info tab. If you copy the abstract text from your notes to the Abstract field and use the Vancouver annotated style, then it will appear in your bibliography.

Alternatively, depending on your particular requirements, a Zotero report might be more useful as these will include all the information from your notes.

http://www.zotero.org/support/reports
  • OK, it runs properly. Thanks!!