In MS Word 2003 : "this element no longer exists..."

Hello,
I am having trouble with the word plugin.
I created a master document with sub-documents that were created before and include a nber of zotero citations.
When I try to insert a new one, I get a message asking me for the citation format (which I confirm) and then instead of giving me access to my library list, the plugin inserts an empty field: {Citation}.
When I click on the "edit citation" button, a message pops in, referring to the first citation inserted in the sub document, saying:
"This element no longer exists in your Zotero database. Do you want to select another element?" If I say "Yes", then my library appears in the window...
Since the document is full of citations, I don't want to correct all of them.
All the more as, when I open the sub document on its own, there is no problem with accessing the database.
How can I fix the problem ?
This is my Phd thesis and I need to have a complete list of all the refs included in all the sub documents.
Thanks for your help !
  • edited February 21, 2010
    Yes it seem the Word plug-in for Zotero can't cope with creating a bibliography in a master document which includes the citations in sub-documents. This is a shame.

I guess the only solution is to cut and paste your current sub-documents into sections of a single large Word document.
  • OK, thank you very much for answering.
    That way I will not keep on trying to look for a solution !