MS Word 2008 for Mac -- Zotero slowing it down?

Hi -- Recently upgraded to Office 2008. It's slow to switch between documents within the program and I've done troubleshooting with Microsoft (trashing all the prefs, basically). However, the problem has come back. Before I go back to Microsoft, has anyone else noticed this problem. Could it be related to having Zotero links within or the Applescript interface?

Thanks.
  • It's highly unlikely, but it's easier enough to check. Just move the ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Word Script Menu Items/Zotero folder somewhere else (e.g., to your desktop) and restart Word. The Zotero scripts should be gone.

Assuming that doesn't fix the problem, then (and this is just general troubleshooting, and it's the only thing I'll suggest) close all other programs on your computer and make sure that the problem is actually in Word and not just some other program tying up the CPU.
  • Okay, I've realized the problem wasn't with Word or Zotero, per se, but I keep getting the message that a Zotero component isn't loaded when I'm using Firefox 3.6. Also, in add-ons, Zotero MacWord Integration is dimmed as listed as "not compatible" with Firefox 3.6. I've switched back to 3.57. Is an update for Word 2008 that works with Firefox 3.6 coming, or is there something else I should be doing?
  • Zotero MacWord Integration is dimmed as listed as "not compatible" with Firefox 3.6
    Click Find Updates.