Allowing group access to existing Zotero libraries

I have a very large library (with many folders and subfolders) already created for my own use and stored on server. I now want to share that library with a new group, but every time I create a new group it creates a new library, and I see no easy way to transfer the old personal library into the new library without painstakingly re-populating the new group library with my old personal folder structure and dragging individual files from old library into new (and even there I'm encountering problems).

Is there a way to just give my group access to my original library? It seems like such an obvious and necessary functionality, but I see no way to do it! THanks!
  • There is no way to just turn a personal library into a group library. When collection dragging is implemented it should be easier, in that you could just drag collections from your library into a group.

For the time being, your best option is to just to duplicate the folder structure and bulk drag over the items. There is no need to drag them individually, you can use select all to grab all the items in a given folder and drag them over.
  • Note, however, that at the moment any items that already exist in the target library will be skipped, so if you drag a set of items from your personal library into one collection in the group library and then drag another set of items from your personal library into another collection in the group library, any items in the first collection won't be included in the second collection.

This needs to be fixed, obviously.
This discussion has been closed.