Disambiguate in bibliography

I am creating a new style, and run into a problem: using the disambiguate-add-year-suffix option to distinguish between citations, creating e.g.
(ATest, 2007a)
(ATest, 2007b)
(ATest, 2007c)
Because the disambiguate-add-year-suffix does not exist for the bibliography, I get the list
ATest, 2007, 3e document uit 2007.
ATest, 2007, Iets Anders2.
ATest, 2007, Iets ander. Utrecht.
I would like to have the 'a', 'b' and 'c' added here as well, so that I know which citation belongs to which bibliography.
Who knows a solution to this?
  • hmm - that should certainly be the case already. Harvard 1, e.g. does this correctly for me, without any option activated for the bibliography.
  • Thanks for your reply.

I tried "Harvard Reference format 1 (Author-Date)" and also "Harvard Educational Review", but unfortunately both do not work :-(
  • ok, let's try to find out where the problem is.
    Which Zotero version are you running?
    How do things look in the test panel?
    chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul
  • I see what has happened: Zotero does it the right way (as I would want it). My 'error' happens at using Mendeley. Unfortunately Mendeley agrees with the description given in:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/csl_syntax_summary#citation_only_options

Do you know a way to solve this?
  • I don't understand? You want us to solve problems with the closed source Mendeley?
    There is no way we could do that - ask on their forum. (Except for - use Zotero...)
    And I don't understand what you mean by "Mendeley agrees with the description" - Zotero is doing this exactly as it should and as intended by csl. The disambiguate option is only specified once because it's only needed once - disambiguating in the text and not in the bibliography is nonsensical.
  • Hello Adam,

I agree with your remarks. Of course you can't make changes to Mendeley. They have made an error in programming the disambigue-option.
    Thanks for the info.

Theo
  • edited January 25, 2010
    Hello Theo,

You can report bugs or problems with CSL handling in Mendeley at http://feedback.mendeley.com and we can keep you updated when it gets fixed. I'm also subscribed to the xbiblio-devel@lists.sourceforge.net mailing list - which is probably the best place to send questions that relate to the CSL spec itself or that may affect multiple implementations.