paper notes and citation not store to library

I'm using Zotero 2.0b7.6
I had entered the bibliographic information on a paper and was reading it and adding text in the Notes field. However, when I went back to Mozilla to update the Notes field the whole citation was gone! What's up with that?
  • I checked my online library and all the changes I committed were on the Zotero site. I thought this was odd because I input the references from the machine for which I was looking for them. Another peculiar thing was that even after clicking the Sync button repeatedly, the new entries weren't showing up on my browser plugin Zotero. BUT they showed up once I checked my online Zotero library. It's as if the local library synced when I checked the online library (my observation).
  • Viewing the online library has no effect on the data in the Zotero client.

When Zotero syncs, the icon spins, and the sync either competes and it stops spinning or you receive an error, indicated by an icon to the left of the sync icon. There's not really another alternative.

If you're still having an issue, please explain exactly how to reproduce it, including what happens to the sync icon.