Unable to Sync

I am having a problem fulling syncing my zotero account and my computer.

Occasionally I will get am error; error code 499839854.

Otherwise, the syncing process hangs, I've let is sit for over seven hours attempting to sync. The progress bar reads; Progress: 26%, Downloads: none, Uploads: 228,980 KB remaining (1/2 files). It always hangs on this file.

I would appreciate any assistance correcting this issue. Please let me know any other information that I can provide.
  • edited January 9, 2010
    Restart Firefox and generate a Debug ID for a sync attempt that replicates the problem. And, just to be clear, that indicates that there's 228MB (or 223MB, technically) left to upload. On most residential internet connections that would take quite a while. Does the progress bar show it hanging, or is it just slowly uploading the file?
  • Thanks for your assistance Dan.

I generated a Debug ID, the output number is D1790456223.

I didn't receive any errors, but the sync hung at 0% and 229,894 KB remaining. I let it run overnight for seven hours without it making any progress. The most I have ever been able to sync is 5%, after which it similarly hangs.
  • You might want to use a utility to check your network traffic to see if it's actually transferring anything. (The progress meter should show progress, but it's possible that it wouldn't.)

It's unlikely that there's much here to fix in Zotero—the transfer is likely either ongoing or timing out.