drag and drop to add tags not working, even for single records

Error report number: 803129094

In some collections this works, albeit with an annoying time lag (deleting tags also sometimes involves an annoying lag). In others drag and drop doesn't work at all, even when I drag and drop only a single record.
  • Ticket created, thanks.

Many of the speed issues will be fixed in 1.5.
  • http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8421/#Item_15
    That tag error is a known issue. It happens when you drag an item to a tag that has both manually entered and automatic (saved via a translator) versions. We'll fix that before 2.0 Final.
    Any work-arounds? A couple of important keywords happened to be automatically added to some items, and now apparently the only way to add them to other items is by manually typing it into each one :(

Actually personally I don't see any use for the distinction of manually entered and "automatic" tag versions. Maybe some hidden preference to de-activate the distinction?
  • Well, have found a work-around myself.

Say, the problematic keyword was "Nanostructures". I've renamed it temporarily to "nanostruktur". In this way, it changed from "yellow" (automatic) to "blue" (manually added) in every item. Then I changed it back to "Nanostructures".

Afterwards I could drag all my relevant papers onto the tag without problems.

Still annoying... hope Zotero 2.0 Final comes soon.