EBSCOHost: no blue icon

The yellow icon works perfectly well, but in the case of a single reference, the blue icon doesn't appear in the address bar
  • The translator seems to be working fine. Could you please provide a specific article that is not working in EBSCO? As for "blue icon" (a book) and "yellow icon" (a folder), most EBSCO individual items are likely to display our journal article icon, which is black and white.
  • This url is just one example where absolutely no icon at all appears:

http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=5&hid=14&sid=4cbce65b-b148-4a19-a4e9-a0ef1baf48b9%40SRCSM2
  • It is interesting that it works when you change the language to English (if it helps you...)
  • The language of EBSCO is what I refer
  • edited June 22, 2007
    caroleen and josalegal-

Thanks for helping us to identify this problem. We've updated the EBSCO site translator to support languages other than English. Please go to your Zotero prefs and click "Update now" to get the updated translator.
  • Thank you for your help !
  • Hello,
    I am having the same issue (not getting the blue icon when using EBSCO), but I don't think this is a language other than English issue. I have gone to my prefs and updated to get the latest translator, but I'm still not able to capture anything from EBSCO.

here's an example of an EBSCO search result where I'm having this problem:
    http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=4&hid=7&sid=c2f31278-46b9-40bb-a21d-ca577258a0c7@sessionmgr7

Thanks for your help.
  • maccardi: Thanks for the heads up. We'll roll out a fix shortly.
  • I'm having the same problem. No folder, book or article icon when using EBSCO.

This is an example of a result list where I cannot see the folder icon:
    http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/results?vid=3&hid=106&sid=fe5878db-e59b-4dd6-ae8e-b78960501d68%40sessionmgr106

Thanks for any help
  • For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem. I have tried 2 platforms, PC and Mac, and downloaded fresh copies of Zotero, and neither of them can automatically import Ebscohost articles. This is frustrating because most of our index searching is done on Ebsco indexes.
  • I hate to do a me too, but me too. This has been a problem for some time in my experience. It has worked on and off in the past. Around 80% of my searches are done in EBSCOhost so this is a significant issue for me. I can retrieve the data through the export function, but this invalidates one of the major USP's for Zotero in my case.
  • We have recently fixed this problem. Please update your translators.
  • Me three. I downloaded a fresh copy of Zotero, using Firefox, and cannot automatically import Ebscohost articles. Yes: "This is frustrating because most of our index searching is done on Ebsco indexes."
  • I suspect this problem has returned as ebscohost 2 is now online. I no longer get the address bar icons for ebscohost. I am working from a fresh copy of Firefox 3.0.1 and zotero 1.0.7.