Non-functioning translator

Hi,

I'm using Zotero 2.0b7.6 on Firefox 3.5.5 on Linux. The page at http://jjap.ipap.jp/link?JJAP/30/L131 displays a Zotero icon which appears to be the correct translator, but when I try to save the item it fails. I've made sure I've got the latest translators and cookies are enabled.

Thanks,

Roger
  • confirmed.
    Error message is:
    [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: voliss is null" {file: "file:///home/sebastian/.mozilla/firefox/wkxw8okh.default/zotero/translators/Institute%20of%20Pure%20and%20Applied%20Physics.js" line: 0}]

Report ID is 1968952154
  • edited December 16, 2009
    In this case the error is being caused by parsing the page number, the line

voliss = voliss.match(/([^\d]+)(\d+)\s+\((\d+)\)\s+(pp\.)?\s+([\d\-]+)/);

Because this page has page numbers L131-L133 and the translator assumes pages numbers will be numeric.

It can be fixed by changing the above line to

voliss = voliss.match(/([^\d]+)(\d+)\s+\((\d+)\)\s+(pp\.)?\s+(\S+)/);

However I'm not sure whether this has any implications for translating other pages, it is possible that this is now not strict enough about grabbing page numbers.

oojah, maybe you could edit your translator (Institute of Pure and Applied Physics.js in your Firefox profile) to make the above change and confirm that plenty of other pages still work fine.
  • edited December 16, 2009
    Thanks for the quick response.

I've made the change you suggest but I now get the error "TypeError: voliss is null" in the Firefox error console. To be certain we're talking about the same line, the lastUpdated value of the file is 2008-04-23 09:45:00 and the relevant line number is 80.

I'm more than happy to try other pages (once it seems to be working at least :), but I have to say that JJAP is outside my normal sphere of interest so I may not be very effective.