Adding citations in footnotes anchored in an OpenOffice table

None of the office integration plugins support directly adding citations in tables, of course, but it used to be the case (with the old word-processor plugins) that I could create a footnote from a table and then add a citation in that footnote.

I have encountered a bug in the recent plugin (using OpenOffice 3.0, Zotero 2.0b7.6, latest word-processor plugin) that makes this problematic. Occasionally (seemingly random), when adding a citation to a footnote it will fail to do so, but then change an already in place citation in a previous footnote. The result is total chaos and a huge loss of work, since footnotes are being altered all over the place.

Any advice? Is table support just not in the cards?
  • Update: After further testing, this problem occurs when I cite a book/article to a later footnote that has been mentioned previous. The plugin seems to be mixing up where to place the citation. Instead of adding it to the current footnote, it places it replaces a completely different citation in a previous footnote, and leaves an empty {citation} field in the current footnote.

So the bug is reduplicatable. Create a document. Add a table. Add a footnote in a table and cite a couple of sources. Then add another footnote somewhere else in the table, and some sources, and then add a source that has been previously cited. Boom: chaos!
  • Hey,

I'm having the same problem. Occasionally Zotero will just replace a pre-existing footnote, so that the location and content of the note are wrong, and the previous note is lost, forcing me to redo it. Let me know if you find any solution to this!

Cheers.