How to cite...

I've got a document that is hosted on website. This document was originally a journal article, but it's not a scan, it's like it's been essentially re-typed. The pagination is for this document only.

I downloaded it from here: http://www.teologos.com.ar/historia/AMESTOY_CATOLICOS_LIBERALES_PROTESTANTES.pdf

Original publication data: Amestoy, N. R. (1992). Católicos, liberales y protestantes frente a la cultura (1850-1910). El caso argentino. Boletín Teológico, 24(47-48).

How do I enter this in Zotero, and how should it be cited?

Thanks for your help!
  • looks like journal article from Boletin Teologico volume 24
  • Thanks adamsmith,

What page numbers would I cite?

I guess another question is, "is this really a citable document"? or should I find the original published version (if i can)?
  • edited December 11, 2009
    Edit: The conversation went on without me while I was typing - this is a reply to the first post in this thread.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the specifics of how this should be cited (not my field, so I have no idea of the accepted conventions), but I think the answers to both of your questions would depend very much on the specific citation style you are using (AFAIK, for a case such as this there isn't a robust style-independent way of entering the information into Zotero).
  • edited December 11, 2009
    My immediate need is APA, but I think my question is maybe more a "philosophical" one...what is the relationship of this document to the original publication? Can/should I really be citing it? And if so, how do I maintain integrity with the citation, since I really didn't see the original article in the Boletín Teologico (nor a scanned facsimile)?

Edit: @Bionatsci...oh! OK. :)
  • I would put the original metadata in the bibliography, plus probably a link to the retyped version you consulted.

Bibliographically, it is most important that you are positively sure that this is exactly the text as it was published originally. If you are sure about that, I wouldn't see much harm in trying to extrapolate page numbers; or you could use "n.p." or "n. pag" (no pagination) to make clear you're not sure of the original page numbers.
  • it is most important that you are positively sure that this is exactly the text as it was published originally.
    Yeah, I'm really not. I think I better try and track down the original.

Thanks all!