Report id: Failed to sync - Failed to load XPCOM component ... /Library/Application Support/Firefox

Report id: 219838651 and 1185493719

[extra output removed — D.S.]

I have had failed syncs for about a month now.

I'm using Mac Lea0pard, Firefox 3.5.3

I think my tags have got messed up a bit.

I suspect it maybe because I set my Zotero prefs to:

Settings: sync automatically

File sync

Sync attachment files in My Library using Zotero
Sync files in group libraries using Zotero File Storage

I will attempt one more sync, then untick these options.

This is the result of my second attempt:

Report id: 1185493719

|data.syncModTime| not set in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()

JavaScript Error: "|data.syncModTime| not set in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 796}]

I will make no further changes until you advise.
My next tactic would be to unset the file sync attachments... But I'll wait till I hear from you.
  • Report ID 543255370

Every few minutes I get another sync failure. It takes quite a few minutes to do nothing (hang). Rather annoying.

Report ID 543255370

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'|data.syncModTime| not set in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()' when calling method: [nsIWebProgressListener::onStateChange]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • Report id: 428970646

Same as Report id 428970646

This happened as I attempted to clean up some dubious (very long) tags.

JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'|data.syncModTime| not set in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()' when calling method: [nsIWebProgressListener::onStateChange]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'|data.syncModTime| not set in
  • edited September 26, 2009
    Report ID: 1184649286

I've been trying to clean up the tags - remove the very long ones. Still failing to sync - but now a longer report.... tags seem to be cleaned up now.

Report ID: 1184649286
    [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'|data.syncModTime| not set in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()' when calling method: [nsIWebProgressListener::onStateChange]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]"]

[extra output removed — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Unexpected status code 0 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.ZFS._getStorageFileInfo()' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]"]
  • We'll look into this, but this is a file sync error, so you can just turn off the file sync options until this is resolved.
    Every few minutes I get another sync failure. It takes quite a few minutes to do nothing (hang). Rather annoying.
    Turning off file syncing may prevent the hangs, but you could also have simply turned off "Sync automatically".
    I've been trying to clean up the tags - remove the very long ones.
    That's fine to do, but, in terms of syncing, long tags haven't really been an issue for months. Zotero now automatically displays a wizard when necessary to help you deal with problematic tags.

(Also, it's not necessary to paste the entire error reports—just the Report IDs will do. Otherwise people will find search matches for errors that have nothing to do with Zotero, which are the majority of errors in the reports, and assume they're having the same issue.)
  • I've turned off file syncing. Alles is gutt.... and Zoterrific again. I had suspected that might bring my quick/fast Zotero work back to life again. Thanks.

A suggestion: I suspect the volume of attached files in both my private library and public shared library are in excess of 100 Mb. How do I identify the volume of attached files? The over-size may be the cause?

Great to receive your prompt response. And note how easy it is to find the report ids. Fortunately I kept a log of the report IDs I submitted.
  • Hi,

Still having this error. Report iD:876567401

Keep up the good work, almost there...
  • edited December 7, 2009
    xtizon: Which error? Unless you're getting the exact same error as above, please start a new thread (or, if relevant, post to the thread you posted to previously) and include the exact error that you're getting.
  • Hi Dan,

I am actually using Zotero on 2 computers, and the one at home gives me the error that is reported in this very thread

I have a big update after an upload of several PDF files from my work computer. The update starts, but ends quickly with this error. I tried a history reset with no success. Database is syncing fine, but files won't download. I'm using Jungledisk with the "legacy" webdav setup, working allright on previously synced PDF files.

Thanks for the help,

X
  • Hi,

Any news? I have another error message:
    SSL certificate error connecting to sync.zotero.org

This one and the previsously mentioned happen both in random sequence it seems.

Thanks in advance,

X
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the data.syncModTime error?
  • The Debug ID is D104727125
  • So, somehow a ZIP file ended up as .prop file on your WebDAV server. I'll add something to catch that, but I'm not sure how that would've happened. In the meantime, deleting 49SFEESD.prop (and any .prop files that aren't 10 bytes—I'd be curious to know if there were more) would probably fix it.
  • I have not seen any such file on my WebDAV server. I've created a list of all files that are there so that you don't just take my word on it ;-)
    How can I make it available to you?
  • Well, you can e-mail the file list to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread, but from the debug output it certainly looks like that file exists in the 'zotero' folder and is (erroneously) a ZIP file.