Sync error: Report ID 2082003221 - unending tag message boxes

I have a very large library, both on the online Zotero server, and local. For the last several versions of 2.0 Beta (at least since 2.0b6.x until now), I have been unable to sync without errors. This report ID is the latest error message I've received.

One characteristic of the sync process is that first Zotero asks me to confirm/merge 42-80 duplicate entries. I step through these one by one. Then Zotero gives me a sequence of 100 or more incredibly useless message boxes notifying me that some tags have been removed or added to certain items. These are useless because I really don't care, yet I have to click OK for each message box, one after another. I've not counted, but I'm not exaggerating when I say there are at least 100 of them: I have to click the enter key in rapid succession for at least two or three minutes to get past all of them.

Then at the end of it all, I get a sync error, the latest of which is Report ID 2082003221. Could someone look into this for me? It seems to me that the sync error might not be directly related to the unending tag messages, but there's no more helpful information than that. At the very least, please remove message boxes for each and every tag update. The information in these message boxes should be saved in a log file, and one message box should tell the user where to find the log file that lists the tag updates. This present user interface experience is incredibly bad.

Sorry to post such a negative comment for otherwise incredibly awesome software. I really do appreciate the developers' very hard work on Zotero, and I'm submitting this to help it get continually improved.
  • I got a sync error with a number 702991652. I was advised to report it on the forum.
  • sarah: This is a separate issue. Please start a new thread.
  • I have exactly the same problem. I have imported approximately 200 articles with the option to automatically convert keywords to tags. When I try to sync, I need to confirm each of these tags manually resulting in tens if not hundred dialogs. Eventually the sync fails. Error number 1062434868
  • Here is another report number.

When I initially get the red circle telling that there was an error, the popup says Report ID: 68f0f3e5 . After I click the report error button, I get a new ID 1145303099
  • edited October 28, 2010
    I'm having a similar problem to chituokol1, above.

It used to happen that every so often when I sync-ed, I would be prompted to confirm/merge a handful (fewer than a dozen) of seemingly random records in my library, which I had *not* recently modified in any way. I always confirmed/merged them as requested, for this seemed odd but not serious.

More recently, however, when I attempt to sync, I was prompted to confirm/merge hundreds (650+) of records. I was annoyed, but again, I did it. But now it's happening again--i.e. every time--650+ records.

Meanwhile, on my other computer (laptop), syncing doesn't work at all. It takes a very long time, then gives me the error message that conflicts have suspended automatic syncing. The text of the error report is:
    Click the sync icon to resolve them.' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "" data: no]"]

Other details: total size of my library is 2300 items. The main computer is running OS 10.6; the laptop OS 10.4. Both have Firefox 3.6.11 and Zotero 2.0.9.

I'd be grateful to have any suggestions on what I can do to repair this situation.

David