Errors found in database - how to get more detail?

Hi folks,

I just had an error a little while ago (report ID 1410544646) and now
Zotero is having problems. It asks me to restart Firefox almost immed-
iately after doing further resource grabs. It seems that I can continue
to grab new references but I typically have to restart Firefox after each
one.

I went into Tools | Add-Ons and into Zotero's preferences. I used the
button to check the database integrity, and I got "Errors were found in
the Zotero database!", but that's it!

Does anyone know of a way to get more detail on that? I don't know if
it is possible to repair the error(s) in my database (I haven't read up on
all the developer docs) but I'd at least like to find out what might be wrong.

Thanks,
Chuck
  • Maybe the database repair tool will help:
    http://www.zotero.org/utils/dbfix/

Don't forget to make a copy of your Zotero data directory as per the instructions, just in case. :)
  • Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Is there any documentation about what is supposed to happen after an upload? Also, is there any way to run this locally? I was poking around the forums and found another thread in which someone brought up the good point of policy forbidding the uploading of a database. In general this is an issue for many people.

I'm currently working with a completely non-proprietary database, so I tried an upload, but nothing happened. I get the message "Please wait while your database is uploaded. Note that this could take a while, depending on your connection speed and the size of your Zotero database." but Firefox's little "activity" icon in the upper-right of the window isn't moving (I know there is some official name for that icon, but...)

My first try was with a .zip of the .bak file. I just tried again with a basically "fresh" database, no .zip. Same results.

I've just played around with trying to export to Zotero RDF and re-import, but I got some errors, which I'll address separately.

Thanks again for all help,
    Chuck
  • Hi folks,

File under "duh!". I hadn't paid attention to the fact that upon clicking the link,
    my machine was launching IE. Using the tool in Firefox worked fine.

Chuck