Word integration error

I apologize if this topic has already been addressed in the forums, but I could not find anything pertaining to this issue. I am running Firefox 3.6 beta 4 and Zotero is working great in the browser. Unfortunately, when I attempt to do anything in Word (2007) I get an Zotero Integration Error (Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate Firefox extension is installed, then try again.) This is in Windows.

I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that Firefox is now on Beta 4 or whether this is related to some other issue, but I thought I would ask here. Thank you for you time.
  • The word processor plugins aren't yet compatible with Firefox 3.6. (In other words, the plugin is either disabled (or not installed to begin with) or you overrode compatibility checking.)
  • Right, that makes sense. Foolishly, I hadn't checked the add-on tab in Firefox which clearly says that its not compatible. Thanks for the quick reply.
  • I had to uninstall Firefox beta so that the MS word plugin would work.
  • Vashonda, et al:

The stunning rate of change and improvements to Zotero and within Firefox, creates challenges at the margins. I am sure that somebody (likely plural!) is working very late hours at Zotero to try to keep up with the onslaught of new tools in the toolkit.

I switched to FF3.6beta4 so that I could get a thwack (is that a word?) of PDFs indexed. I then switched back to FF3.5.? to write a paper in OO Writer. The strategy, though somewhat awkward, works for now.

Rob