Tried to install new zotero, now I can't open or delete it

Today I saw zotero had an update, so I updated. Once the process was complete it told me that there was an error or issue updating because I had microsoft word open. So I closed word and then, since there was a banner across the top of zotero telling me there was a new 64-bit version available, I went to download that and figured sorting out the old version wouldn't matter.

Once I downloaded the new version, it told me I had to restart my computer. But once I did so, every time I try to open zotero I get the message "Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of zotero. Do you want to reboot now? If you receive this message repeatedly, choose No to completely remove the previous installation and start again. Your zotero data will not be affected."

After restarting 3 times, and getting the same message, I realized I had an issue. So, I tried to uninstall zotero, but when I try to uninstall it the same message comes up. If I click yes, the computer restarts and zotero is still installed. If I click no, nothing happens. So, I'm stuck. I can only guess I created an issue by having word open when I attempted to make the first update on the old zotero. How do I get unstuck?

Honestly I don't even really care about the update, I just thought I would do it quickly and move on. What I really need is the ability to use zotero again quickly.

Please respond in very detailed, simple terms what I should do, as I am not a computer wiz. Do I need to do a system restore to this morning or yesterday or what would you recommend?