Ctrl+ mouse scroll for zoom in/out sometimes do not work

In the previous version of windows 11, the Ctrl+ mouse scroll can zoom in/out the pdf reader, but it usually fails these days.
  • I notice the same: the Ctrl+Scroll breaks quite often in the latest beta. I haven't identified reliable reproducing steps yet.

When it is broken, it is not just a small time delay. I can continue scrolling and zooming in other tabs, then go back to the broken one and the Ctrl+Scroll is still broken.
    Making a simple Scroll without Ctrl makes it recover.

Zotero 7.0.0-beta.83+066eda731 (64-bit)
    Windows 10
    Mouse: Logitech MX Master with infinite scrolling

Note though that I do not see anymore the problem of time delay when switching from scrolling to zooming, which is a very nice improvement.
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/100989/pdf-reader-time-delay-when-switching-from-scrolling-to-zooming
  • I have the same issue

Zotero 7.0.0-beta.91+3c6625f3c (64-bit)
    Windows 11
    Mouse: Logitech G602
  • Tried it out in beta 95 on several PDFs. Working well so far.
  • This problem is making the reader very painful to use. I need to make additional scrolls all the time to fix the broken zoom.
    Even the Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- are broken.

See a screen recording showing the problem.
    You can see at the beginning of the video that the Ctrl+Scroll shortcut is broken.
    Then it is fixed by making some additional scrolling.
    Then broken again, just making scrolling with the mouse (at around 19 seconds).

The best reproducing steps I could find so far are:
    1) Let the infinite wheel rotate freely to go up or down
    2) Stop it suddenly
    3) Try to zoom with the shortcut Ctrl+Scroll
    -> Nothing happens.

Zotero 7.0.3-beta.2+10d27b8f6 (64-bit)
    Windows 10
  • Ctrl + and Ctrl - are working on my PC.

I see the following behavior:

1) Let the infinite wheel rotate freely to go up or down
    2) Stop it suddenly
    3) Try to zoom with the shortcut Ctrl+Scroll
    -> Nothing happens.
    4) Use Ctrl + or Ctrl - which works
    5) Then Zoon works with Ctrl + Scroll

Zotero 7.0.3-beta.2+10d27b8f6 (64-bit)
    Windows 11
  • I have the same issue as described by OP - it has been present for weeks if not months in Zotero 7 Beta and still currently in Release v7.0.3.

I can reproduce the issue (in Windows 10) exactly as @pcinque describes. CTRL++ and CTRL+- always work as expected, but CTRL+MouseWheel frequently breaks.