Zotero OpenOffice Plugin and OpenOffice in Kubuntu

Ok this is not a bug report but a warning to fellow openoffice users who are using Kubuntu 9.10. I know it is an alpha but really KDE 4.3 is too tempting for me. The nastiest surprise I have got with thet alpha was that the zotero plugin was not working in openoffice. Both the older plugin and the newer plugin for Zotero 2 failed to work. The former was not getting installed via extension manager and the latter would get installed but any attempt to insert a bibliography would crash it. After much tinkering including resetting of the plugin paths in the zotero 2 openoffice extension and installing almost all Java packages in repository I had the bright idea of running openoffice through a console. Sure enough came the error message about QT and pixmaps. I hit upon the bright idea of uninstalling the package KDE integration for Open office and lo and behold both plugins work... and all is well here. I will be filing a bug in the appropiate place but I thought I would give you guys a head up as some people will definately upgrade to Kubuntu 9.10 and land in trouble with zotero !!!
Thanks again for a lovely software product it has made my life so simple