Zotero Beta GUI with big library lagging during and after sync

edited 21 days ago
I have a big library with around ~4000 position synced via Webdav.

Quite often when I sync files the gui become really slow - lagging by few seconds/not responding to user actions - for example - when I try to add/move pdf file to (another) parent item I am ending with moving the wrong file (one below or above from the view in collection);

Also I cannot open new pdfs/browse existing ones, or my there is several seconds of waiting between clicking on pdf and opening it in the zotero tab;

Usually restart helps; I suspect this is related to huge usage of swap memory with relatively low free space on my system (I am on MacOS 14.4 with M1, when I use many apps the free space can come down from 30gb free space to ~2gb due to extensive swap by apps, including zotero)

I am on 7.0.0-beta.74+2e8073ab9, but this happens since several beta releases (altough it seems to be rarer in latest beta now)

• I'm mainly using Zotero 7 on Linux and I also noticed a general slowness, particularly during the sync phase and while loading pdf in already opened tabs.
  • @danielborek, @poettli: This is new in the latest betas (i.e., starting a week ago), not since the redesign?
  • To me, it started with the latest betas, particularly with the Linux version. But I might be wrong and I am just misremembering (and wasting your time).
  • @danielborek: Are you using plugins? Have you reproduced this in Troubleshooting Mode?