Install older beta build

The newly build 7.0.0-beta.71+03d0ea436 behaves strange to me: many words are not translated (e.g. Edit), and some plugins cannot work properly.

I want to try to install the last version, is there anywhere to download?
  • I'm wondering the same thing.
  • edited 24 days ago
    I'm not sure that it really makes sense to use an older beta version: you would not get any support if something doesn't work. And obviously things will break more often since it is a beta version!

If something doesn't work properly in the latest beta, report it and provide as much information as possible so that developers can fix it in the next beta. Over time, this will bring the whole community closer to an official, stable version. If you need a reliable, supported situation for your regular work, that's completely fine, of course, but then Zotero 6 feels like a safer choice - at least in my own understanding.
  • @aborel that's generally good advice. But in this particular case, I need to export a document for my thesis committee ASAP, but the latest beta version has broken compatibility with the Better BibTeX for Zotero plugin, and the dev of that plugin has confirmed that it's not an easy fix on their end. Since I rely on that plugin to link between my PDF generation workflow and my bibliography, I need to get ahold of versions of Zotero and Better BibTeX that are compatible with each other. Rolling back to the Zotero beta version from last week would solve my immediate problem, since that older version was compatible with Better BibTeX. I just don't know where I can find a link to download that version.
  • edited 24 days ago
    Using beta software for your thesis is an unwise choice, that's all I can say for sure. Large, important documents with a deadline are the exact situation where you need a reliable tool, which beta software isn't, by definition - I know it doesn't solve your problem, but this might be informative for others.

You might be able to roll back to Zotero 6.
    Since you're using Bibtex, the risk of damaging your own documents is probably minimal but I'd still recommend backing them up before you try anything.
  • ( FWIW, I think v72 of the beta should fix the BibTeX issue)
  • edited 24 days ago
    Crossing my fingers for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, obviously this is a lot of stress and I wish them the best for their thesis! If v72 works for them in this final week, that's certainly the most conforable solution.
  • edited 24 days ago
    There is also a problem v72 that did not exist in v68:

The zotero citation picker cannot be called out with the following error:

(5)(+1678625): GET /better-bibtex/cayw?format=pandoc&brackets=1&minimize=true HTTP/1.1 Accept: application/json, text/plain, */* User-Agent: axios/0.24.0 Host: localhost:23119 Connection: close

(5)(+0000002): HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found X-Zotero-Version: 7.0.0-beta.72+128a540af X-Zotero-Connector-API-Version: 2 Content-Type: text/plain No endpoint found
  • @unifields: As noted above, the BBT developer needs to update BBT for beta 69 and above. You should report all problems to them. (We provided a test build to developers on March 30 and said when we'd be releasing it. The BBT developer just missed the announcement.)
  • Thank you!
  • A new BBT is out to address this.