Zotero cannot sync successfully across two macs with ERROR 587889869

It is strange that the new added files cannot be updated to another mac. I have tried to reset the sync history but it still failed. What's more, I also got error ID with 587889869
  • edited 25 days ago
    BlockedTemporarily - Too many requests are received recently
    Your WebDAV server returned an HTTP 503 error for a GET request.

If you receive this message repeatedly, check your WebDAV server settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.
    That's a Service Unavailable error from your WebDAV provider for making too many requests (which is supposed to be a different error code).
  • I tried a lot of times to reset the history and resnyc again. I am not sure whether this incur the problem or not. Is there anything that I can do to ensure the consistence across different devices? I still cannot receive the latest update from another pc.
  • Again, it's an error from your WebDAV provider — it's not something we can help you with. You'll likely just need to wait until they stop blocking you.
  • I mean I cannot ensure the consistence even without this error.
  • I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you're talking about file syncing, we can't help you until you've resolved this with your WebDAV provider. If you're talking about data syncing, you'll need to temporarily disable file syncing — so you stop getting WebDAV errors — and follow Changes Not Syncing.
  • yes, I mean file syncing. Let me resolve the WebDAV problem first. Thank you.
  • My WebDAV works well now. There are still some missing files that I cannot see in another pc. What should I do to resolve this? I also tried to logout and refresh the file list. But it still does not work.
  • edited 25 days ago
    See Files Not Syncing and provide the info requested there if you're still having trouble.
  • I checked this document and I found that my file is already in the my WebDAV storage server where I compare the file ID. What's more, my Ipad can also view the latest file list. This problem only happens with my another pc.
  • We can’t help you unless you provide the information the page asks for.
  • Please check the attached figure where I sort the files by time order. There are a lot of missing files in my another pc .
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u11424246/1niaeb251tzbs7i9gjr6.png
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u11424246/connxyx8zyo2j9j98rt3.png
  • You really should provide the requested information if you want to get help:
    8. If you've performed all these steps, you've confirmed that the file is available on the server, and you still can't access the file on Device B:

If Device B is a computer, go to the Sync → Reset pane of the Zotero preferences, choose Reset File Sync History, generate a Debug ID for the next sync attempt and an attempt to open the file, and post the Debug ID to the Zotero Forums. Do not use any other options in the Reset pane.
    If Device B is an iPad or iPhone, generate a Debug ID for an attempt to open the file and post it to the Zotero Forums.
  • The device B is a computer. The problem is that I did this before and there is no error after the sync attempt. The only problem is that I cannot find these files. I just have a try by following your suggestion and it is still no error.
  • Moreover, I even tried to reset the history and unlink the account with cleaning all local data file. However, it still miss a lot of files after the sync.
  • Once again, you have been kindly asked to provide the requested information, i.e., a Debug ID, if you have performed all the steps to confirm that the files are available on the server, and still not accessible on Device B. Please follow the links in the quote. If you continue to ignore this request, nobody is going to help you further.