APA 7th RIS export from databases

Hi there,

I am trying to export journal article references from EBSCO databases and create the references in APA 7th and every time I do the database name is coming across to the reference. I am using the Export option on the database itself and then using the Direct Export in RIS Format.

The name of the database appears in the Archive field.

Please see example below where Cinahl Ultimate appears after the page numbers and before the DOI.

Ishak, I., Balqish Ismail, N. E., Yahaya, N. S., Khaironi, J., Musa, N., Teh, A. H., & Ghani, M. A. (2024). Reduction of Saturated Fat in Dark Chocolate using Sacha Inchi (Plukenetia volubilis) Oil Oleogel. Journal of Nutrition & Food / Jurnal Gizi Dan Pangan, 19, 111–118. CINAHL Ultimate. https://doi.org/10.25182/jgp.2024.19.supp.1.111-118

This does not happen in either EndNote or RefWorks.

The version of APA I am using in Zotero is called American Psychological Association 7th edition.

Is there an easy way to stop this from happening?
  • Yeah, the problem is the RIS from EBSCO -- we are able to correct for that when you use the Save to Zotero button, but not with generic RIS. If you search and replace
    DB - with DP - (never sure about the spaces, before/after the -, but I think this is right) in the RIS, that should work.

@bwiernik -- you need archive for journal articles in APA for some scenario or could we also address that at the style level.
  • APA calls for printing of Archive when it’s a small or limited access database or physical collection, but not a widely available database like one of Ebsco’s.

One option would be to not record this information, or we could potentially only show the archive if there isn’t a DOI or URL.
  • Right, the not recording would be the option I discuss above -- I'd be a little wary of removing importing archive (even for journal articles) from RIS generally. I think removing it at least when there's a DOI would a good idea (especially because in most cases, the database and the DOI won't be aligned -- the above DOI, of course, points to the publisher, not the EBSCO entry.