Counting how many book,s journal articles, web sources etc in library

Hi - for my thesis I must sibmit a breakdown of how many journal articles, how many books, how many web sourcves etc are in my library. There are hundreds so am not keen to count them if Zotero can figure that out. Can I get those data from Zotero? It is a simple count number of each source type.
  • An Advanced Search is the easiest way to find all items of a given type. The search interface does not display the count of how many items it returned (that feature should be added). However if you save that search and click on it in the left pane to run it again, the right pane will show you the count.

Another way would be to add the 'item type' column to the main display pane, and then click that column to sort on item type. Then select all items of the type you want. The right pane will show you the count of how many items you have selected.
  • And a third option would be to export your library to CSV, open in Excel, and use the COUNT function for different item types. This will take a little longer to set up initially, but once you do have it set up, you just need to load in the most current export into a spreadsheet and get updated counts.