Attach stored copy crashes zotero

The program crashes when I try to add an attachment to a Zotero reference using "attach stored copy." It always directs to the same folder, and then the program closes. I have restarted the computer and installed all available updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I am using version 6.0.36
  • Hi, I renamed the folder that Zotero kept directing to, and it did the trick. Now, it is working well. Thanks, Joy
  • Not totally clear what you're referring to, but I'd guess that you were using a plugin. There's a known bug in the Mac version of Zotero 6 where plugins that open a progress window can trigger a crash when external monitors are used. That is fixed in the Zotero 7 beta, so you can disable plugins for now or switch to that.
  • Thank you for getting back to me. Just so you know, I am using a PC. Once I renamed the file that Zotero kept sending me to and would then crash the program, I no longer had a problem. When Zotero could no longer find that particular folder, it redirected me to the master documents folder and let me select the folder I needed.