Some items fail to sync from computer to iOS

Some of my items in Zotero fail to sync from computer to iOS. Weirdly, new items sync fine, but a particular set of older items fail to sync (and it has been many days). Any idea what the problem might be or how I can fix it?
  • Yes, we've just identified this problem. Basically, if you hadn't been using the app and then saved something from the browser that included a PDF, any changes since the last time you opened the app would be skipped.

We've fixed this for the next version (1.0.31), which should be out within the next day or so. The new version will automatically download any skipped updates, but for now, signing out and in will download your full library. Until 1.0.31 is out, opening the app briefly before saving will make sure you have the latest remote changes.
  • Thanks! Great to hear that the problem has been identified and a fix is about to be rolled out.
  • 1.0.31 is out now with this fix.
  • Unfortunately, the skipped items don't seem to automatically sync. I have updated the version on iOS and on my laptop, and the 5 or so skipped files that have been on my mind are still not synced to iOS.

I can log out on iOS and log in again, but I thought the intention was to have the new version automatically download the skipped items. Is that what was intended?
  • @devonwt: Are you talking about files or about items?

1.0.31 should automatically download any items that previously failed to sync. File syncing would be unrelated.

If you're talking about items, what's the zotero.org URL in your browser address bar after clicking on an item in the web library that you're not seeing on iOS? And can you provide a Debug ID for pulling down on the items list on iOS?
  • I am talking about items.

URL from the web library: https://www.zotero.org/devonwt/collections/36M46TFB/items/AUDTHXUS/collection

Debug ID: D1607829099
  • edited March 26, 2024
    If you type AUDTHXUS into the search bar in All Items in the iOS app, does anything show up?
  • If I type this string into the search bar in All Items in the iOS app, nothing shows up. The correct item does show up if I do the same on my computer.