No insert citation window appears.

Zotero version: 7.0.0-beta.68+c31a40c74 (64-bit);
Office version: 2402 Build 16.0.17328.20124;
External Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080;
Laptop Resolution: 2560x1600;

Issue: The insert citation window didn't appear while I clicked the button. However after setting the "Attributte > Changing the high DPI setting > Alternative High DPI Scaling Behavior" to "Application", the insert citation window appeared as expected.
  • What DPI settings do you have for your monitors? Do altering them, instead of changing the DPI scaling behavior of Zotero also make the citation window appear?
  • My laptop display has a DPI of 622, while my external monitor has a DPI of 102. I've found a workaround: if I keep Zotero 7 and Word open at the same DPI setting, the issue disappears. However, the problem reappears if I run them with different DPI settings.
  • Could you elaborate a bit more here? Let's ignore Word since it's most likely not relevant. When you setup the Zotero 7 beta, did you change its scaling settings in the properties dialog? Is that what caused the citation dialog to not appear? Which setting caused it? Which settings work fine?
  • There is no DPI setting within Zotero 7's properties. The citation dialog will appear regardless of wheter both Zotero 7 and Word are running on the laptop screen or the external monitor. However, the citation dialog will disappear if Zotero 7 and Word are running on different displays with different DPI settings. Let me know if I need to clarify anything further.
  • Yes, but you mentioned using the "Alternative High DPI Scaling Behavior" option in the Compatibility tab. What settings do you change in to make the issue disappear and reappear?