reference list populating in the wrong place in google docs

I'm having a lot of trouble with the Zotero Chrome extension working correctly. A lot of my citations got unlinked from the reference list, and I'm having to manually fix them all. What's happening now is that the reference list is populating in the middle of the document rather than at the end where it usually populates. What is the best process for adding or relinking citations, populating the reference list, and ensuring that it's located at the place I want at the end of the document? Should I delete the old in-text citations and add new ones or is there a way to relink citations that are already in the text?

Second question, if I'm doing an in-text citation that only uses year in parentheses (and not author name), is there a way to do that without unlinking the citation? I'm using APA 7th edition formatting. Thank you.
  • For citations unlinking, see Why isn’t Zotero detecting my existing Google Docs citations?.
    What's happening now is that the reference list is populating in the middle of the document rather than at the end where it usually populates.
    You can just select the whole bibliography, cut it and paste wherever else you need it.
    Second question, if I'm doing an in-text citation that only uses year in parentheses (and not author name), is there a way to do that without unlinking the citation?
    If you select the checkbox for the item in the citation dialog to omit author, it will still appear in your bibliography.