Zotero 7 beta: R-click dropdown- title/sentence case

I recognize that this idea would violate menu conventions. However, I would find it handy if the case options were at the top of the menu items instead of at the end. (I grew accustomed to only having case options in the drop-down.) I'll get used to the new list eventually.

Otherwise, the new design is incorporating every UI paper-cut request I've made over the years and has done so in ways considerably better than I had imagined.
  • That's actually just a bug. Right-clicking on the field in view mode shouldn't activate the text field and show the Cut/Copy/etc. options — it should just show the same context menu that you get if you click the three dots at the end of the row.

When the field is in edit mode, keeping the text-editing options at the top and displaying the custom options below is probably correct.
  • Fixed now in beta 57
  • The full edit mode menu is displayed sometimes, (perhaps, if the title begins with a quotation mark). See DOI: 10.1007/s10597-024-01237-y

Also, a reminder that it would be really nice if when converting to sentence case that the first letter after an opening quotation mark (when the quote mark is the first character of the tittle) could be upper case.
  • I'm not seeing that. Can you provide a screenshot?
    it would be really nice if when converting to sentence case that the first letter after an opening quotation mark
    Huh, I'm surprised that's happening. We'll fix.
  • edited March 18, 2024
    Sometimes the right-click drop-down still has the editing commands. I can't seem to discern a pattern. This is one example of the problem out of at least 100 edits where there was not a problem.

In case you cannot read the DOI in the screen-shot: 10.1016/j.tre.2024.103430

edit:
    However, please note that if I download the article again and import it again, the drop-down is limited to only the expected items.

See: Screen-shot--

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u10140/gowxgllsxhw688cxiy5m.png

Another screen shot:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u10140/r3vpdmoyfbtcfr8hifli.png