Real time count for libraries and sub libraries

Hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to equalize the number of references I have by sub-sub-sub libraries, would someone knows a way to do this without having to write them on an excel ?

I would like to showcase, count, show or illustrate -not knowing the exact word for it I prefer to use several, sorry-, the total amount/account/number of references/items I have by library, on the left, -right next to the name of/from the library, if possible- on real time every time.

I know it is shown while being inside of a library. The thing is that this is only once, and when clicking on them and not having a single reference clicked.

Could you please guide me?
  • Ethereal style plugin has an option to show item counts under collections and sub-collecĀ­tions. https://github.com/MuiseDestiny/zotero-style
  • I can't even make it work. Would you suggest another way?
  • edited March 9, 2024
    As long as you have 'Add Number to Collection Tree' set to ON in the Style preferences (under Edit\Preferences) it does work (very well). You can turn off the many other functions if you wish (eg if things get slow with all set to ON). It is the only plugin with this function as far as I know.
  • I cannot even make it work "as an add-on". Zotero doesn't recognize it. I tried different versions, I tried to install another version of zotero.

I even deleted my previous "extensions.json" and "extensions folders". Nothing. I am quite lost
  • What's the error message you get?