Zotero PDF Reader Glitches, Doesn't Show Text Unless you Zoom, then only displays briefly

Recently I have had to start reading PDF's outside of zotero because every time I open one, it shows the text briefly, then I have to zoom in and out to get it to show, then it disappears. Its very annoying. Is there any way to fix this?
  • Does the issue persist in Zotero 7 beta?
  • Hi, yes the issue was persisting as of yesterday. Unfortunately, Zotero no longer opens on my computer. Reinstalled and the same issue occurs, it opens then closes immediately. This is a separate issue from the PDF reader glitches. The inability to display text on PDFS feels like a loading issue, like the software cannot efficiently load the information perhaps? Also, I changed my default to open PDFs in adobe reader, which works fine, but now when I highlight in Adobe reader and attempt to open inside Zotero, the highlighted text appears redacted and covered in black highlight (when and if it appears---it helps to zoom in and out 5 or 6 times to glance at the text briefly, but I have not had it appear long enough to read)
  • Can you confirm that you're using Zotero 7 beta? Or Zotero 6?
  • After posting that, I actually deleted zotero from my computer and reinstalled from scratch (Zotero 6.0.30). Everything works well in this version, now, so I am guessing these problems are because I was still trying to use Zotero 7 beta. Thank you for checking in!
  • @meesew No, we expect the Zotero 7 beta reader to work fine or even better.

1) Was this happening with all PDF files?
    2) Did you have any third-party plugins enabled?