Adding chapters to a edited collection book without re-entering book details each time.

I can see how to add a book section for an edited collection but you have to re-enter the book details again for each chapter.

Having automatically entered the book using its ISDN number it would be good to add chapters from this book entry. Is this possible?

Many thanks
  • Right-click --> Create Book Section ?
  • Adam, brilliant, thank you so much that will save me a lot of time! Alan
  • Thank you, that is very helpfu. However, it would have been even better if one could make a book section entry based on the contents information. Currently entering the information for a section of a book is rather clumsy because one needs to go back and forth between the book and book section to enter the title, author and pages. At least the title and pages could have been extracted from the contents page of a pdf
  • You can create book chapter by annotating the title on the PDF and using this script. The annotated text will become the title of the new item and book chatper item will retain a link in the URL field to take you back to the annotation.
    https://github.com/windingwind/zotero-actions-tags/discussions/204
  • Thank you for the suggestion. However, it seems that in my drop-down menu there is no "Create book section" item. Is this a result of some kind of customisation? (my right-click dropdown menu is just like on the picture, but ends with "Delete".)
  • That requires the add-on in the linked GitHub
  • And adding the linked script to the plugin with menus selected.