Show "Date Added" in YYYY-MM-DD format

edited January 2, 2024
Currently I see dates in the 'Date Added' column showing as DD/MM/YYYY. I would prefer the ISO standard format, YYYY-MM-DD. Is there a setting to change this?
  • Not really, no. Date Added is formatted in the localized date format for the currently used language.
  • I see. In my Mac I have the language set to English (US). But there is also a separate setting for Date Format, which I set to YYYY-MM-DD.

So maybe there is a generic way to decouple language from date format?
  • I mean the interface language in Zotero (General Tab of the prefs), though there's something more complicated going on with English dates, which also picks up some system setting but in a weird way -- I think there are some threads on this if you search.
  • edited January 7, 2024
    @b0c5: Currently the date format follows the configured locale — which by default is set automatically from the system locale, but you can change in the settings as adamsmith says — and doesn't use any separate system date setting.

(It looks like dates for different English locales aren't being handled properly in the Zotero 7 beta, though.)
  • I would also very much like to see this feature. Ideally, a way to set it specifically in Zotero, but honoring the system locale would also be fine if it worked for English locales.
  • Same here, ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD) is the most logical to see and sort. Please consider separating the displayed date format from user language.