Zotero 7 Beta - cannot change columns in center pane if window is not maximized

I'm using 7.0.0-beta.60+91e1c6ca3 on Kubuntu 22.04.4.

If the Zotero window is not maximized, I cannot change which columns are listed.

I have the Date Added, Creator, Year, Publication, and Title columns enabled in the center pane. Secondary-clicking on any column toggles the Creator column off and on.

This is the case in both Troubleshooting Mode and normal mode (with Better BibTex the only installed Add-on), in both Standard View and Stacked View, and in both Compact and Comfortable density.

Everything works fine if the Zotero window is maximized.
  • edited February 22, 2024
    Are you actually right-clicking and holding, or just right-clicking once?

It sounds like the context-menu alignment is off for you such that the top menu option becomes selected as soon as the menu is open, so if you just click once and let go, it will toggle that option. I'm not seeing that on stock Ubuntu, but if you click and hold it should still work.
  • You were right. The top menu option is Date Added, but the Creator option is the one aligned with the columns/my mouse pointer. And yes, I was just secondary-clicking once and letting go. Holding the secondary mouse button down does let me change the columns when the window is not maximized.

Still, it seems odd that secondary-clicking once and letting go works fine when the Zotero window is maximized.