Need Help with Relinking 200 Unlinked Citations in Zotero

Body:

Hello everyone,

I need advice or assistance. I've been working on a document with approximately 200 citations. Unfortunately, I unlinked them on zotero tools((converted to plain text) without knowing the consequences , and now I need to relink them to update and manage them effectively through Zotero.

Manually reinserting each citation is a daunting task given the number, and I'm searching for a more efficient way to approach this
  • There is no clean solution probably, and I am assuming you don't have a backup. The Zotero RTF scan feature may help you for this particular document https://www.zotero.org/support/rtf_scan

Essentially you would save the document as an RTF file and have Zotero process the references (this requires them to be in the formats specified at the link above). Zotero will pick up what it can recognize and will be able to output a new RTF file with a bibliography appended. This will still not mean the references are linked, but at least you can generate a bibliography this way (if that is your goal).