Zotero not working in Google Docs

2»
  • This should now be fixed completely in Zotero Connector 5.0.116 for Firefox.

For Chrome and Edge, Zotero Connector 5.0.115 is now available. In 5.0.115, the plugin will work again, but the Google Docs link popup will still appear. Just close the link dialog without clicking Apply. We've submitted 5.0.116 to Google and Microsoft, so the complete fix should be available for those browsers soon.

We'll also release an updated version of Zotero for Mac that includes Zotero Connector 5.0.116 for Safari within the next day.
  • Just as an update, this is now fixed in Zotero Connector 5.0.116 for all browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.

If you're still seeing the Google Docs link dialog appear when you try to use the plugin, make sure you're running Zotero Connector 5.0.116 and reload Google Docs.

For any other problems, please start a new thread.
  • I updated my Zotero and refreshed google docs but the issue persists for me.
  • How do we check if we are running Zotero Connector 5.0.116 in Google Docs? I don't see a way to check the version of my actual extension - it just brings me to the Google Store page. Although the Zotero Google Docs extension now sort of works (which is better than it not working at all), I am now having more subtle yet frustrating issues every time I add or edit a citation. For example, most of the time I add a citation, I am subsequently unable to place my cursor in a ~3x3" radius of the page in the vicinity of the citation, as though there is an invisible window (perhaps that darned link interface pop-up has been rendered invisible rather than suppressed entirely?) I have reloaded Google Docs, Zotero, and Chrome multiple times, yet these problems persist.
  • I am still having problems with Google docs, but the problems are different with Zotero Connector 5.0.116. No in-text citations will add when I go through the process. Help, please!
  • edited February 21, 2024
    No in-text citations will add when I go through the process.
    This problem is fixed in Zotero Connector 5.0.117:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/456008/#Comment_456008
  • edited February 21, 2024
    There've been some reports of the progress bar hanging with 5.0.117. We're testing a fix for that in the latest Connector beta for Firefox. See this thread for updates:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/456116/#Comment_456116
This discussion has been closed.