Chrome freezing when using Zotero Extension

My chrome keeps freezing and I have to force quit on my Mac when the extension is running. This has happened repeatedly and the only way to stop it is to not use the extension. I have removed the extension, re-downloaded it, shut down and restarted computer and it keeps happening. Do you know how to fix it?
  • I have this same error for about a month or more now. This never happened before then. It's usually when I am working with a PDF that is open in a Chrome window.
  • +1

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS & Chrome always updated
  • @elyserawlson @kyragaunt @toniblanco does it happen if you disable all other extensions but Zotero? Does it happen on some particular pages? Can you consistently reproduce it? If so, what are the steps?
  • edited February 15, 2024
    I had this same problem and I was sure it was Zotero until it eventually started happening when Zotero was disabled (this was after a few weeks). My issue was the same in that it was in PDFs and mostly when highlighting text. It seems to be a Chrome issue so I have moved over to Safari and had no issues.
  • That is exactly what happened to me. I had disabled Zotero and then it keeps happening. I may have to move to Safari as well.