Saving YouTube videos have the wrong director

Hi,

Does anyone else get the wrong director name when saving videos from youtube. For example I saved a "Learn tRPC in 45 minutes" video, which should have the director of Web Dev Simplified (the channel name); instead in had LawyerYouKnow - a different channel I subscribe to.

I can't think of how it picked that up as the LawyerYouKnow wasn't visible on the page at the time (though it would be in the sidebar with my other subscriptions).

I've checked for updates to Zotero, Firefox, and the Zotero Extension and can't think of where to look next to figure out what's happening.
  • I tried saving the video you mentioned and Zotero seemed to get it right.

Zotero 6.0.30, W10, Chrome extension.

https://i.postimg.cc/yNz2tZ5R/2024-01-26-135144.png
  • I just tried again on a few videos and it's working fine now.

Computers are weird.

Thanks for checking it out.
  • (There's some situations where YouTube keeps the wrong metadata on a site, I don't think this is the first we heard of it)
  • I'm getting the same problem, the wrong director in the director field, some website I visited in the past, sometimes weeks ago. What in the world? This is a very strange glitch folks. I'm using all new very powerful Apple computers and up to date software, and everything works perfectly, except this very strange glitch. It looks like some of you are saying it is random on your computers, but on my mine it happens every time, and I have to manually correct the "director" field. I hope someone can fix this problem. I'm not the only one who will see this recurring as long as it is in the code somewhere as a glitch.
  • Thanks, I can reproduce this. We're working on a fix.
  • OK, fixed. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.