ClinicalTrials.gov into Zotero

How do I import search results from clinicaltrials to zotero?
  • edited October 23, 2023
    Can you better describe what isn't working for you? Zotero imports records from that site for me.

Individual items from the website import as "reports" with all relevant metadata and a summary.

Following a condition or disease search, the results page presents with a "folder" Zotero icon which will allow you to select items from the results and receive metadata and summaries of each item with an item type report.

Edit: (interesting) My Mac / Firefox spell check automatically wanted to convert "site" to "cite".
  • So I noticed, in January 2024, that I get a richer snapshot if I click on the "expand all content" button of a clinicaltrials.gov record webpage. Is there any way to get that to happen automatically, so that I could add to Zotero multiple records, with fuller snapshots, from the search results page?
  • I'm afraid not, no. We can't simulate button clicks (= javascript commands) prior to taking snapshots. We could probably download information in one of the suggested formats (CSV and two different JSONs) but I'm a bit skeptical how helpful that actually is --I typically expect human-readable attachments in Zotero.