Undo Functionality and Erasor in PDF Reader

Hello,

I'm reaching out to request the addition of undo functionality (via Ctrl+Z or Cmd+Z) in the Zotero 7 PDF reader for actions such as pen strokes, highlights, and notes. Currently, if an error is made while drawing, highlighting, or noting, the only recourse is to delete and redo, which is particularly cumbersome with pen inputs as it often requires erasing large areas.

This lack of an undo feature can disrupt the workflow and efficiency, especially when engaging with documents in a dynamic or detailed manner. Implementing an undo option would greatly enhance the usability and editing flexibility of the PDF reader. Also, I guess an erasor would be helpful paired with existing pen function.

Thank you for considering this enhancement to improve user experience.
  • Eraser tool already exists. Can you clarify what do you mean?

Other points are all valid and we plan to implement them.
  • +1 for the undo feature. I think this functionality is already available on the iPad version, but lacking on the Linux one.
  • To clarify, the eraser tool may have more options, such as adjusting size and wiping out a single pen stroke at a time.

Also, it would be great to be able to adjust font size in "add text", do I need to open another post in the forum?
  • To clarify, the eraser tool may have more options, such as adjusting size
    That already exists — use the slider.
    Also, it would be great to be able to adjust font size in "add text", do I need to open another post in the forum?
    Text annotation font size can be adjusted by resizing its corners. Finer font size control is planned so no need to open another thread.