[Z7 Beta] Clarifying what changing page numbers does

Hi all,
after once again being confused today, I thought I'd write a small feature request:

I think it would make sense to simplify the process of changing annotation page numbers a bit. Currently Zotero seems to use some advanced logic to determine what options to display - for example if there is only one annotation, you can only adjust page numbers "for this annotation". The result, however, is somewhat unexpected: if you create an annotation after adjusting this page number it will also have the adjusted page number. This probably makes sense in most cases but is not what the interface leads you to expect.

I find it similarly unclear why I cannot adjust the page numbers for "all pages" when editing the page number of the most recent annotation in a document with several annotations - instead I am only shown the option "This page and later pages".
I've also not found out yet what setting the checkmark at "automatically detect" actually does - it doesn't change the page number and it doesn't seem to be remembered (when opening the page editing dialoge again, the box is again unchecked).

It's not a huge problem and it might just be me who finds it confusing, but possibly some clarification in the interface is possible.

Have a good day!
  • Hi all,
    after once again running into problems with Zotero's automatic page detection I was wondering what the "automatically detect" checkbox actually does - it would be great if one could "reset" the page numbers to use the automatically detected ones but that does not seem to be what the box does. If anyone could help me figure this out, I would greatly appreciate that, because the wrongly recognized page numbers are somewhat dangerous to me, as I sometimes forget to double check when importing quotes from notes into LibreOffice (which I know is my fault).
  • Yes, automatic page labels currently don't work well, but we plan to fix that.
  • Okay, good to know it wasn't entirely my misunderstanding. Looking forward to the fixes!