[Z7 Beta] integration.keepAddCitationDialogRaised does not work on Linux

Hi all,

I've had the problem that the citation picker did not always come to the front (and that it always opened not in the center of the screen on which Libreoffice is open but right between my two vertically arranged screens).

I saw in the Documentation that setting integration.keepAddCitationDialogRaised to true might help solve the issue, so I tried it.

As a result, however, the citation picker would open in LO without a window bar and after selecting the first citation from the new (and wonderful) drop-down, I couldn't start typing in the citation picker as well. This meant that I couldn't insert the citation via pressing Enter and because the window bar was missing I also couldn't just close the window. Neither closing Zotero nor closing LO closed the pop-up. I managed to solve the problem by switching to the classic dialogue from the little Zotero icon in the citation picker and closing that window. I guess that the problem might be with my specific configuration (Kbuntu 23.10, Plasma 5.27.8) or my misunderstanding of the documentation and of course it's really not a big problem (I just reverted to integration.keepAddCitationDialogRaised=false and will try to find a solution through my window managment settings), I thought I'd still report it.

Best
samvimes
  • @adomasven could say more, but my understanding is that window control on Linux is just really hit-or-miss. On macOS we can reliably control any given window, on Windows we can usually bring our own window to the front (but that's it), but different Linux window managers can be really finicky about it.
  • I see. Maybe it makes sense to clarify in the Documentation that changing the setting might lead to problems on Linux systems, but it might of course also just be my specific configuration that's so problematic.