Can't install app

edited January 27, 2024
[Split from Available for beta testing: Zotero, redesigned]

Hi there,
I have been trying to install the app, but after downloading and extracting it, it would not be installed. I tried to use my username and password, but I kept being told that this user name did not exist. Could you please help me with this issue? Thank you very much in advance.
  • edited January 27, 2024
    (Please start new threads for new issues. I've moved this to a new thread.)

Not sure what you mean here. Zotero is a local program that you install on your computer. You don't need a Zotero account to install or run it.
  • Thanks. I tried everything, and nothing worked. After the extraction, I would be given two options for how to run it, and no matter what I chose, there would be nothing afterward and it would not be installed.
  • It shouldn't be installed. Extract your downloaded zotero archive and just run the exe or bin file of zotero which depends on your OS, nothing more.
  • edited January 30, 2024
    @lheidari: This is assuming you're referring to the Windows ZIP file on the Beta Builds page, but if you're confused about this, running a beta may not be for you. You can also just use the actual Windows installer from that page. The point of the ZIP is to make it easier to switch between Zotero 6 and 7.

If you're just trying to use Zotero and aren't trying to use a beta, you should install Zotero normally from the download page.
  • @dstillman: I had it installed, then it was uninstalled, and I tried to reinstall it, but I can't anymore. I tried both Beta Builder and the Windows installer format without giving me any errors, after extracting it, it just like vanishes.
  • But what are you trying to do here? Just install Zotero, or install the beta of Zotero 7? You posted to a thread about the latter.